If you are an exceptional history teacher who would like a $5,000 cash award, free field trip to Mount Vernon, and an invitation to stay for a week on the grounds of Mount Vernon for the 2010 Teachers’ Institute, then you are in luck! The application deadline for the Mount Vernon History Teacher of the Year award has been extended to May 29th. Applicants must live in Virginia, Maryland, or Washington, D.C. Two runner-ups will receive a $500 cash award and an all-expenses-paid field trip to Mount Vernon. For information on how to apply, please see our website.
- May 17, 2013 I Spy… a Spyglass!
- May 15, 2013 Encyclopedia Entry: New York, NY
- May 14, 2013 Can You Dig It?
- May 10, 2013 Encyclopedia Entry: Wooden Teeth Myth
- May 9, 2013 Preservation Weekend Recap
- All Posts
- Archaeology at Mount Vernon: Digging History
- Digital Encyclopedia
- Fred W. Smith National Library for the Study of George Washington at Mount Vernon
- George Washington in Popular Culture
- Historic Preservation
- Mount Vernon
- Mount Vernon Animals
- MV Historian Series
- MV Mailbox
- On This Day
- Teacher Resources
- The Washington Family
- Videos from Around the Estate
- Washington Portraits
- Washington's D.C.
- Washington-related Houses
- What's Blooming at Mount Vernon?
- Homepage: “Howdy! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a...”
- portalwin.com: “Greetings! Very helpful advice within this article! It is the little changes which will make the...”
- christian homeschooling: “You can definitely see your enthusiasm in the work you write. The sector hopes for...”
- scoobyface.com: “Hey there! I simply wish to give you a huge thumbs up for your great information you have here...”
- Mount Vernon Contributor: “Tony, Thanks for catching that! I’ve updated the post so it is accurate now....”