A hedgehog cake and sheep marzipan are just a few of the various, sundry and sugary artisanal faux foods Mount Vernon has placed on the Washingtons’ dining table for the dessert course of an imagined holiday meal. The Washington Post Magazine took a fancy to this fanciful spread on its “Closer Look” page, with a photo shoot that appears in this Sunday’s edition. Check out the table here.
- May 17, 2013 I Spy… a Spyglass!
- May 15, 2013 Encyclopedia Entry: New York, NY
- May 14, 2013 Can You Dig It?
- May 10, 2013 Encyclopedia Entry: Wooden Teeth Myth
- May 9, 2013 Preservation Weekend Recap
- All Posts
- Archaeology at Mount Vernon: Digging History
- Digital Encyclopedia
- Fred W. Smith National Library for the Study of George Washington at Mount Vernon
- George Washington in Popular Culture
- Historic Preservation
- Mount Vernon
- Mount Vernon Animals
- MV Historian Series
- MV Mailbox
- On This Day
- Teacher Resources
- The Washington Family
- Videos from Around the Estate
- Washington Portraits
- Washington's D.C.
- Washington-related Houses
- What's Blooming at Mount Vernon?
- Homepage: “Howdy! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a...”
- portalwin.com: “Greetings! Very helpful advice within this article! It is the little changes which will make the...”
- christian homeschooling: “You can definitely see your enthusiasm in the work you write. The sector hopes for...”
- scoobyface.com: “Hey there! I simply wish to give you a huge thumbs up for your great information you have here...”
- Mount Vernon Contributor: “Tony, Thanks for catching that! I’ve updated the post so it is accurate now....”